Monday, March 16, 2009

Hving it all together means knowing where your purse is.....

Do you judge how your mood is by what possessions you have? Do you look to others and compare? Shamefully, I have done this.

Then my birthday came around. Now, sadly, when you are an adult you do not have parties, with streamers, and balloons, and pin-the-tail on the donkey games (at least not with anyone other than your husband later on that evening.....) and definitely NOT goody bags.

My birthday was a big "punch in the face" to me on how great my girlfriends here are.

They facebooked me.

They brought me flowers to school.

They picked their kiddies up early from daycare so that my "weekend" could begin.

In a word, they cared.

Now, I have the "chosen" few girlfriends. The ones here that I count as my friends would be there for me whenever, where ever, whatever the reason. They tell me when I look fabulous, and when I need my highlights touched up. They poke fun at me when I drive up in the tan-van overflowing with daycare kiddies. They encourage me. They aid in my growth and learning. They put me in my place, and laugh at my jokes. They truly are all my favorites.

I love their individuality. They each possess separate and unique attributes that make them who I need at the time. One is the most amazing and gifted card maker and crafty gal, which in an instant I knew I missed out in not knowing her in 1989 when I had the first chance. One has amazing knowledge of all things musical and theater and art. One has the uncanny ability to make me laugh. One always has the most delicious tea and sunlight pouring in her kitchen in which we spend many an hour talking while our kids play together. One in which I trust her judgment and ability to assess a situation and then tell me that it is not always about me. One has three kids, the youngest is only 6 months and sweats like a mad woman with me at cardio kick box two times a week.

The only thing that each of my friends have in common is that they each love me.

I have it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a co-worker who has been conducting a little research on this. And he in fact ordered me dinner simply because I stumbled upon it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to discuss this matter here on your blog.

my web site www.swaggybook.com

Anonymous said...

These are genuinely wonderful ideas in concerning blogging.
You have touched some nice things here. Any
way keep up wrinting.

Have a look at my page tropical fish